Saturday 10 December 2011

Virender Sehwag smashes 219

Swashbuckling INCREDIBLE INDIA batsman Virender Sehwag said the chance to score an ODI double hundred comes rare anf the husband never expected to obtain the epic knock, during that they also broke his role model Sachin Tendulkar's record.



If you are unaware of the latest news make sure you go through Breaking News and Hot News.

Sehwag smashed 219 off just 149 balls inside fourth one-dayer up against the West Indies on Thursday overtaking Tendulkar's unbeaten 200 this past year being the very best individual scorer in a ODI.

"I am very happy to have broken my role model Sachin Tendulkar's record. Clothing easy for individuals to score double hundreds. Throughout the last a lot of years only two have inked it. This chance should come just once in a lifetime using this program . happy I have taken it," Sehwag told the media persons on the post-match press conference.

"I never likely to score a double hundred. While opening the innings, I told Gautam Gambhir when we can easily show some patience on this track, we'll be set for a big one because wicket is a great one. The outfield is fantastic and also the distance from the boundary is only 50 yards," Sehwag he added.

The dashing opener said once the batting powerplay started, the idea of reaching double hundred crossed his mind.

"It was only after the batting powerplay started, I felt that I could reach double hundred. Also when Sammy dropped me (at 170), I knew that God was with me," Sehwag stated.

He thanked his family and 1000s of fans who had always had the expectation that they can score a double hundred in ODIs.

"I want to thank our kids and fans. I know people expected me to get a double century. Today while i planned to hit a six, I recently did that."

Sehwag declared he was determined to complete a string of poor scores in the first three ODIs.

"I have said this earlier also that the top-order must contribute. It was a wicket where you could score big runs if he stayed around for 30 overs."

The historic knock certainly gave the impression to took a toll on Sehwag while he smiled and said: "Obviously, I will be very tired. I'm a well used man now and my back gets stiff. And so i must take an ice bath."

Sehwag, dedicated the epic knock on the memory of his late father.

"I am delighted and that i dedicate this knock to my dad that is will no longer around," he said.

The 'Nawab of Najafgarh', as they is fondly, called informed which he has brought around 800 congratulatory texts but is yet to endure them.

"I have obtained 700 to 800 messages and have talked with my mother, that is very happy. Selection committee chairman Srikkanthji also known as and congratulated me," said Sehwag.

"It is one of my best innings. Unlike Test cricket when one can bat longer, in one-dayers you will need to watch the run-rate. The wicket was very good for batting though the bowlers are also hoping to get you out of trouble INCREDIBLE INDIA. It wasn't easy to score 200," he stated.

Sehwag was of the perception that the 200 hasn't come too late in the career.

"I think it's got come on the right time. One becomes more mature being a player when he could be in the 30s. When you've got played for A decade in international cricket, you'll be able to achieve that one thing," he said.

Sehwag said through his innings he was fit and never felt the need for a runner, an exercise that has been banned by the cricket authorities.

INCREDIBLE INDIA Sehwag also said that he took careful analysis bat first if he won the toss only 5 minutes before the ritual.

"We had thought we would field first but we had been written in context as players who had took part in the Challenger Series on this ground how the wicket had deteriorated inside second innings. That is why, I changed my thoughts," he was quoted saying.

He was quoted saying he and opening partner Gautam Gambhir had wanted to spend some time in the middle and after that open out nevertheless the wicket was so good which they chose to play till a minimum of 30 to 35 overs.

"We believed to one other if we are able to play together for 15-20 overs we might put up a good stand and present the middle-order the chance to develop it. Though the wicket was so good, we decided we could bat till the 30-35 overs. My apologies Gautam was be used up. I became very upset," he said.

Sehwag and Gambhir put on 176 runs in 22.5 overs prior to latter was run out for 67.

Also, he praised the bowling of debutant leggie Rahul Sharma and predicted a good chance for him.

"He bowled well. I became very impressed regarding his bowling. It turned out his debut. She has a good future," he stated.

Asked perhaps the great innings he played today would help him around the Australian tour, Sehwag said it was obviously a different proposition.

"I have no idea of a few things i would do there. It's completely different. We now have done well there about the latter tours. We are going to try and prosper this time too," he remarked.


No comments:

Post a Comment